Sculling Clinics - Technique
The Sculling Technique Clinics focus on improving technique and enhancing your enjoyment of sculling. There is no group instruction. The instructor works with each participant individually at his or her own level several times during the clinic, so the clinics easily accommodate widely varying skill levels. The clinics are appropriate for competent graduates of the novice sculling class, competitive scullers, and anyone in between. Each clinic is limited to five participants. Small class size ensures that each participant gets individual attention at his or her own level.
Sculling Clinics – Maneuvering, Backing, and Docking
$35 per session
Maneuvering, Backing and Docking Clinics are for scullers who want (or need) to work on turning, going straight, stopping, backing, and docking. Additionally, after completing this clinic you will feel more confident and comfortable in the boat. Each clinic includes both group instruction and time to practice each skill individually. With a limit of four participants, each person gets plenty of attention.
Each clinic consists of one session. To sign up for one or more clinics, contact Al Chase at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.254.1337. Bring to the clinic either a check made out to Al Chase or exact cash.
Once you’ve signed up for a clinic, the clinic fee is due whether you attend or not, unless the clinic fills up with someone else taking your place. Once signed up, if you find that you won’t be able to attend, please inform Al as soon as possible, in case by then there is someone on the waiting list (who might fill your place). Prerequisites:
All of the following...
- Successful completion of either the LMRC novice sculling class or an Aero checkout at LMRC.
- You must be:
- a current paid member of LMRC - or -
- taking advantage of the free month option following the novice sculling class - or -
- in the free 2-week trial period for experienced scullers considering joining LMRC - or - 4) an adult experienced sculler who has signed the visitor waiver and paid the visitor fee.
- You must be able to get a boat to the water with the help of another person, and then without help put the oars in the oarlocks properly, get into the boat, adjust the footstretchers, and row without supervision into the finger. If you are unsure of your ability to do any of these, you should take a private lesson before signing up for the clinic.
For Registration or Questions: Contact Al Chase at email@example.com or 415.254.1337
Times and Dates for Maneuvering, Backing and Docking Clinics:**
Maneuvering, Backing and Docking Clinics are offered once a month on Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Private Sculling Instruction
Private sculling lessons are currently available for all skill levels from the LMRC coaches. Please contact coaches directly for more information and to schedule lessons.
Note: Any non-club member receiving private lessons must ensure that they follow the LMRC Visitor PolicyLINK . A guest waiver must be completed and the visitor fee of $15 for up to one week OR $40 per month must paid in advance (plus applicable coaching fees).
Contact any of our private instructors for Additional Questions/Registration:
- Al Chase at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.254.1337
- Chris Dadd at email@example.com or 510.637.9160
- Connie Weyhenmeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org